If you fear you have been wrongfully terminated, ask yourself these questions to determine if you have a valid wrongful termination claim:
- Are you in possession of any circumstantial or direct evidence that you were discriminated against?
- When you got fired, did other employees of the same gender, race, etc. get laid off as well?
- Do you experience that employees of similar age, race or gender all are being treated differently by your employer?
- Have you experienced specific actions that suggest favoritism or bias towards only a group of employees?
- Did you experience insulting or offensive comments from an employer?
- Did your employer ever represent him/herself sexually to you in an unwelcome manner?
- Prior to your termination, were any complaint or reports towards your company filed?
- If complaints or reports were filed, did you experience any negative backlash from your employer?
- In your written employment contract, are there listed specific reasons why your employer could fire you?
- Were any verbal promises made regarding the security of your job?
Did you answer “yes” to any of these? Then you might have a case against your employer. Contact our wrongful termination lawyer in Houston today to discuss your case!
Pursuing Damages for Wrongful Termination
There is a wide range of situations which may qualify for wrongful termination and at Stephens Reed & Armstrong, PLLC, our job is to discover whether you have grounds for a claim. We firmly believe that employers who have taken advantage of their employees should be held accountable. Let us review your case and determine what damages may be available. Our wrongful termination termination lawyer in Houston knows exactly what it takes to gather sufficient evidence to prove wrongful termination and hold an employer responsible.