Marrick Armstrong is a founding partner of Stephens,Reed & Armstrong, PLLC. He handles a variety of commercial disputes, personal injury and employment matters in state and federal courts and arbitrations.
Marrick has been a licensed lawyer in Louisiana since 2001, California since 2004 and Texas since 2007. After law school, he joined an Am Law 250 rated law firm where he rose through the ranks from an associate attorney to a partner in that firm’s Houston office.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation & Disputes
- Real Estate Disputes
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Construction Litigation
- Class Action Disputes
- Employment matters
- Represented a subsidiary of an international liquified natural gas material fabrication company in its U.S.-based legal disputes, including obtaining proper compensation for its work and fabricated materials provided to a multimillion dollar project;
- Represented a multi-national capital finance company against a multimillion-dollar contractual lawsuit surrounding an energy tax credit based project;
- Defended an internationally owned oil and gas refinery against multiple personal injury suits brought against it by employees of independent contractors of the refinery;
- Successfully assisted a local Homeowners Association in lawsuit against a municipality and developer to halt development of a multi-family residential project;
- Successfully defended a local music venue from residents’ attempts to obtain injunctive relief that Marrick would have shut down the music venue’s business based on allegations of nuisance;
- Represented numerous business entities in contractual disputes in various industries including, but not limited to, service and repair, manufacturing, real estate, insurance, entertainment, and oil field services;
- University of Wisconsin-Whitewater – Bachelors in Business Administration - Business Law
- Loyola University New Orleans - Juris Doctor
Professional Licenses and Admissions
State Bar of Texas
State Bar of Louisiana
State Bar of California
United State Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of Texas
Marrick is also the founder of ROM Publishing, a digital e-book publisher. As a publisher, Marrick works with talented writers to edit, develop, publish, market and promote their literary works.
Marrick is a member of and frequents the Museum of Fine Arts - Houston and Asia Society Texas Center.
He is an Advisory Board member of the non-profit literary organization, Inprint Houston.